Probably my greatest weakness in projects is finishing the details like edging, blocking and the right buttons. The buttons were elusive for the vest, inspired by Jane Thornley's Ripenings Shrug, and I finally finished at least 2 of the group I am painting. I will save others to add just the right colors when I need a button or brooch. But, for today, thankfully, I located the hot glue gun, pin backs, clear lacquer and all those things that seem to always slow me down. Determination paid off!
The second project that I finished was the Troika Wrap-Around Shawl. Since I was using laceweight yarns, I finished off a little sooner than the pattern directed and finished differently with a crocheted edge. This will make a nice fall wrap. The yarns I used were Serenity Cotton/Rayon, River Rayon Seed and Jojoland Melody Superwash Wool.