Monday, August 3, 2009

Two Finished Projects

Probably my greatest weakness in projects is finishing the details like edging, blocking and the right buttons. The buttons were elusive for the vest, inspired by Jane Thornley's Ripenings Shrug, and I finally finished at least 2 of the group I am painting. I will save others to add just the right colors when I need a button or brooch. But, for today, thankfully, I located the hot glue gun, pin backs, clear lacquer and all those things that seem to always slow me down. Determination paid off!









The second project that I finished was the Troika Wrap-Around Shawl. Since I was using laceweight yarns, I finished off a little sooner than the pattern directed and finished differently with a crocheted edge. This will make a nice fall wrap. The yarns I used were Serenity Cotton/Rayon, River Rayon Seed and Jojoland Melody Superwash Wool.





4 comments:

Theresa said...

Both of these are absolutely gorgeous, but that vest is STUNNING! You are going to get lots of compliments wearing that!

Joanne said...

Oh, your vest is just gorgeous! I really like that shawl too. Wow! the button was worth the work and determination it took to make it.

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

You know, I think I bought this pattern from you awhile back but have never made it - lol! Seeing yours, I am inspired ;D Its beautiful, Margaret...

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Cary, it's another great way to use up stash yarns too! The pattern is very adaptable. The first one I made is drama-queen length. lol. This one is just the right size and weight for church.

Thanks to Joanne too! I am looking forward to wearing this vest.