Friday, January 1, 2010

More Knitting Projects Finished in 2009-Installment 1

I knitted a lot in 2009 and seldom stopped to mark progress with blogging during the busy fall season. Rather than postiing all today, I will post all in the next few days; stay tuned.

The first that I finished on October 29 was the Sea Island Shrug inspired by Jane Thornley's Autumn Grasses Caped Cardigan.

I knitted a medium-sized bodice from using Jane Thornley’s guidelines. I wasn’t satisfied with the way the stripes were looking on me and so I changed the directions of the stripes. Rather than increasing for armholes, I decreased until I got to the cuff and did a k2,p2 ribbing. On the other side, I took out the cast on, put it back on the needles and repeated the decreases that I made on the other side. I finished off with a k3,p1 ribbing for about 6”. The binding is lying flat mostly except for the collar which probably will not due to the weight of the shrug. When I get the nerve, I will steek the collar as Christie suggested.

The bottom 2 pictures show how the garment is made to lift the collar to wear.


Deborah said...

Wow! You HAVE done a lot of knitting. Great job.

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Thanks, Deborah. I have not worn this one this year as it is fairly heavy. Maybe one day soon.