Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sandi's Cole Slaw

Oo-la-la is the best description for the cole slaw Sandi brought to us last night. That's not all she brought that was delicious but this was so good that I was instructed not to run out of it! When I asked for the recipe, I thought it might be complicated but oh, so easy. Here is the recipe:

Sandi's Cole Slaw

1-1# package cole slaw mix from Fresh Market or
1# coarsely chopped mix of cabbage, purple cabbage and carrots
1 to 1-1/2 oz. toasted almonds (She used slivered; I used sliced as it's what I had on hand.)
Equal amount of raisins
1/4 c. + Ken's Steak House Sweet Vidalia Lite salad dressing

Mix thoroughly, chill and enjoy.

Note: This could be made with bagged cole slaw mix but I don't think the texture would be as nice. Nor would it be as pretty without the purple cabbage. The coarse mix is very good. Amount of almonds, raisins and dressing is guesswork. If you like more or less, adjust the recipe to your own taste.

No comments: