Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cocoon Jacket Progress Report I

Hopefully, posting pictures of the cocoon jacket will help me to be acountable. I cut the fabric off the loom today and am a little concerned as I have warp left over. Hmmmm... what does this mean? Will this be a blouse rather than a cocoon jacket? I also didn't take pattern into account when I planned this jacket so, fish may be swimming in every direction. lol. And I should have counted the number of repeats (since they are fairly long) in order that the pattern would match barring any treadling errors. Surface design should help. (-; In this picture, the panels are ready to be joined in the back.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

It's looking beautiful. I can't wait to see what it looks like finished! You are on the home stretch! Yeah!

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Theresa, the two ends on the back have been fringe-twisted and today, I plan to bead and fringe-twist the front and wet-finish. Hopefully, I will join it over the weekend. Surface-design may have to wait! Oh, and silly me. There is remaining warp on the loom as this was 3-6 meter pre-wound warps and the jacket only requires 3 yards. I should have woven a Hapi jacket!