Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello After a Long Break!

I was sure that it had been some time since I had posted to my blog and was I ever right! Retirement has been a lot busier than I ever imagined! Thank you all for your patience while I have taken a break. I seemed to have gotten more interested in rug hooking than weaving in the last few years but I vow to get back to weaving and even some dyeing - maybe not cellulose/plant fibers such as cotton, rayon and tencel; I have become quite interested in dyeing wool fabric for my own hooking and it may be, down the road, that I offer some wool fabric and yarn for sale. But, for now, I am enjoying the learning process. On a personal note, we have a new four-legged member in our family, Petey Belle. He is a merle cockapoo and as of August 3, he is 4 months old. He just completed obedience school and obeys most of the time. Hopefully, maturity will help obedience. (; Here are a few pictures of him. I promise in some upcoming posts to do some 'show and tell' of my rug hooking and even one woven piece. (I must put something on the loom!)

No comments: