Monday, September 1, 2008

Color on a Gray Day

What to do when we're rained out of our trip to the coast? Knit, take pictures and make the best of it.

These mitten ornaments were knitted with a free pattern from the knitlist and Kollage Luscious cotton sock yarn. Our guild is decorating a Christmas tree for the Craftsmen's Guild of MS in appreciation for their providing us with a place to meet.
I had fun knitting these Dolly Faroese Shawls. The first one was knit with Jojoland Melody Superwash in color MS26. I love the way the color travels in this yarn. It is a marled yarn of variegated yarns with long repeats as opposed to a marled yarn of solids that would give a barber pole effect.
The second and third were knitted in hand painted Serenity; first colorway is Gulf Breeze Sunrise and second is Sagebrush.

Fiona, given to me by my friend Sandi, is modeling the Sagebrush shawl.
I recently knit HeartStrings Lace Leaves in Kollage Luscious cotton in cherry. This yarn has a wonderful hand and there is sufficient yardage on one skein to complete the scarf.

Our guild has adopted MS Heart Scarves as a permanent service project. Our goal is to gift every woman in MS experiencing a heart procedure with a hand knit or handwoven red scarf. The project was established here in MS by our dear friend, Tina Bradford, who passed away on May 1 with heart disease, the number one killer of women.
This is HeartStrings Maple Leaves Scarf that I completed last year. It is knit with Jaggerspun Zephyr 2/18 in Garnet. I love this yarn! it is 50% merino/50% silk and is absolutely wonderful to the touch, very warm and light.
Another HeartStrings pattern. Any surprise? (-: The pattern is Peggy's Shawl. The yarns are one end of hand painted Peacock Iridescence 8/2 Tencel and one end of Jaggerspun Zephyr 2/18 in Ebony. Love, love, love this pattern and the hand of this shawl. This just might be my favorite thing to wear.

Apart from the stormy weather, it has been a good Labor Day. Now, I think I'll take Don up on his offer of a game of Monopoly.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

There are so many pretty things here. I love your blog. In fact I "gave" you a blog award on my blog today at the bottom of my post.

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Thanks so much, Deborah. Now, if I could get a little faster with blocking and taking pictures! And thanks for the award too. (-: