Saturday, February 9, 2008

Finished Weaving Project

This is a warp I painted for the fun of it in Gulf Breeze Sunrise. The warp yarn is Serenity; the weft is 5/2 perle cotton in Dark Turquoise. I sett it at 12 epi for plain weave as 5/2 cotton is a little finer than Serenity. This definitely would work on a rigid heddle. Just don't overbeat or sett at 10 epi and use 3/2 perle for weft as 3/2 is about the same grist as Serenity. I used the warp as a demonstration of warping a loom back-to-front on my website.

8 comments:

Carissa said...

The shawl looks beautiful! I love the colors!

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Thanks, Carissa. I tried to post earlier so, if this comes through twice, you'll understand. It feels good to get something finished. Cocoon jacket next?

Woven Spun said...

oh just gorgeous!

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Thanks, Kimberly. Hope you are well and back to weaving.

jy2nd said...

How beautiful! I love the colors and how they move through the piece. Would you consider creating some painted warps in Serenity? It would be nice to have the option of blocks of color, in addition to the ikat effect.

Jane

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Thanks so much, Jane. I have been considering it. It's a matter of having time to wind warps or finding someone who will wind them for me.

Theresa said...

Gorgeous! :o)

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Thanks, Theresa. I gave this as a birthday gift to my friend, Charlotte for whom we have been praying.